Friday, December 15, 2006

Lordess of the Ring

After a very long wait, almost 4 years now, I decided (or should I say she decided) it was about time for Marie to finally become the Lordess of the Ring ...

so... last night, we went to have a look... put a deposit on one to hold it till this morning, got the money out of the bank...

and as if I was dared to do so... got down on one knee in the Jewelry store, and proposed with ring in hand.

To my delight.. she did not say "No, but thanks for the nice ring" and walk away.

Of course, in the middle of the mall, we did seem to draw a huge amount of attention, with one odd couple hanging onto each other, with the woman in tears just outside the shop entrance.. and the Shop keeps, clapping their hands, only to leave their respective counters to hug and congratulate us.

Wish you all could have been there to share it with us..

hey... see some of you in 3 days! whooohoooo..... sure wish Marie could come with me...



Hooroo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I wish she could come with you too! I'll see you in a few days.

cousin Terri

Anonymous said...

Hip hip hooray! Or should that be Hooroo????!

I am so excited for you both! 3 days and counting - I wish it were 3 days and counting to see Marie too! Thanks for lending Allen to us.

Love,
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Allen. I know you are full of JOY seeing your family and getting engaged! WOW, going out this year with a HUGE bang! Again, Congratualations!

Peaches`` said...

this turned out to be a whole lot of bull didn't it????

love??? hmmfff