Monday, January 08, 2007

New Job started today!

What an event!!!


First Stop... Train Station, 7:00 am

To my dismay, I missed the train. Stood right there and watched it come and go, and there was not one thing I could do. Mondays, it appears as though you have to be there early to ensure that you have an extra 20 minutes or so to get your ticket. It looks like everyone visits ticket window on Mondays to purchase a ticket for the entire week. Finally got my ticket, and waited for the next train to show up.

Second stop... Bus lane at Wynwyrd Station

I have never seen so many bus stops all lined up and down the streets. The only problem, is there were two streets lined with bus stops, and I was on the wrong one. Finally I figured it out, just in time to watch the buss pull out! Arg!!!!. Within about 10 minutes there was another one, and boarded only to have to ask to go to a stop that I just flat out could not pronounce “Warringah”. So, the bus driver fortunately understood what I was trying to say, and had a good laugh. On the bus I went, only after asking how many stops there were before we got there. I thought after he said 3 that it must be closer than I thought. Down the road we went… with me watching very closely the slinky effect of the bus… it was one long bus, with the slinky thing in the middle. It wound its way thru the city, and onto and over the Bay Bridge. After about 20 minutes I was starting to get just a bit concerned because we had yet to reach the first stop.

45 minutes after the trip began we were finally at my stop. Of the bus I bounded… looking at the time. Wow… 9:30! And I still had to walk to the new office.

Of course, I miss-read the map… and off I go in the wrong direction! Thankfully only for about a block. Turned back… passed by the bus stop again… and was on my way!

Got there… finally at about 9:45… when was I supposed to be there? 9:00am!!!!

All was good, the new boss told me to get there when I got here! I think he knew I was going to have issues!

Needless to say, I made it thru the day…. And things are going to be good…

I did not have to ride the bus and train home because I got the company Ute to drive for now…



and drove myself home, with the help of a GPS System… and that is an eventful story in itself and I will save it for another day!




HooRoo!!!

P.S. Check out the website for the new job… http://www.hobbyexpress.com.au/


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You make me laugh - that sounds just like how I would start out a new job!

I'm glad you got the car! Is it blue like the one in the picture?

Congratulations on the new job!

AllenB said...

Yes... blue just like the one in the picture.

btw - whats up with your promo?