Saturday, August 26, 2006

Sleepyday

I think from now on I will call Saturday - Sleepyday from now on.
Seems as though for months now I don’t do much on Saturday. Unless of course there is racing on Sunday, cause I have to prepare for the race.
so.... no race Sunday, did nothing Sleepyday.
Marie on the other hand has decided to paint the house, so ran out to Bunnings (the Australian version of Home Depot) and got almost everything she needed to start the job.
Bunnings… no where near as good as Home Depot. But I guess that the population of Australia determines that.
As I am writing this Marie is preaching that its not the population, it’s the higher ups, that gear the population not able to fix things… she says this because every time I go out to get what I need to fix something, I cant find it. And I complain that if you want something fixed, you have to buy a new one, or call a tradesman in to fix it.
Speaking of the requirement of tradesman. We have an electrical problem in the house, and I decided to try my hand on fixing a light dimmer switch. Of course, the power here is 240v, and I have no idea what I am doing because I have only played around with 110v electricity.
I went out, to Bunnings of course, picked up a dimmer switch. Came home and turned of the power, replaced the dimmer, ensuring that I installed the new one exactly as the old one was installed. Was quite happy that it was done.
  • Turned the power back on.
  • Flipped the switch with a smug feeling of accomplishment..…….
  • Suddenly there was an orange glow from the wall and a and a loud wailing noise coming from the light.
  • Then the light was orange….. and pulsing, and a wailing noise from the wall…
  • then both were orange… and wailing loudly …..
  • Marie is screaming not to touch the switch and I am running back and forth to from light and switch trying to figure out what to do…
  • and then………….………… Boom!

Now, we have no light in the Living room.

I guess I need a tradesman to take care of the Electricals in the house.  Chris, (Steph’s boyfriend) has offered to do some of the electrical work for us.  
Yes, he is a tradesman, Air-conditioning tradesman, but they work on Electrical all the time. Hopefully, it won’t take him as long to get the work done as it did to install our Air Conditioning. But of course… that is another story for another time


Hooroo



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

sounds like some things have still not changed! In order to fix one thing...you've always got to break something else! :)
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

How hilarious! I'm laughing out loud and people are looking at me. Poor baby.

EMo