Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Suonesday???

What day is this anyway? I think I lost a day or two in there somewhere.

Oh what the heck, I'll just pile a few days together and that’s what you get... Suonesday.

Marie finally started painting today while I was working, and so far she has one coat of paint on one ceiling and is about to get started on the second.

I should take a picture of her right now, cause she has the silliest outfit on that you have ever seen.... you know those rag things that you buy that are really thin, and do not absorb anything, and are usually green or blue with a very fine print with a little white and its very porous material? She calls them Chux Wipes and are used for cleaning counters and stuff. She has one of them wrapped on her head, and tied in the back like a doo rag to keep the paint off her hair... a very thick sloppy joe (Australian for sweat shirt) "on backwards" and it is huge! hanging almost to her knees... and a whit T-Shirt under it with about 2 or 3 inches of it sticking out under the bottom of the sloppy joe. Her pants are a Scottish tartan tights blue green yellow red with white dividing lines that really make the checks stand out.. no socks, no shoes... but thongs and they are purple with white daisy’s sticking out under her toes. By the way... it looks really good with her well manicured nails, which are light pink. oh yea... and NO BRA! She told me no pictures...

This is how I was greeted at the door when I got home from work.

On a different note.. I have finally figured out how to get a good deal on stuff in Australia... if you wait long enough, someone will walk into my shop trying to sell goods for next to nothing. Perfect example... I have been looking a wallets cause its about time for a new one and have been having problems finding one a good price that I like. Yesterday, in walks this girl with a Wallet, Pen and Watch set... to sell cheap.... and I liked the wallet. She wanted $20.00 and after some negotiation, I paid $10.00! So guess what... I have a nice new pen, and wallet. That came with this really nice watch that I will never wear. We see these people about twice a month, and they always have some stuff to sell... I usually just dismiss them with some smart ass comment about wasting my customers, and my staffs time ... guess I should pay more attention next time they show up.


Hooroo!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You can't tell people Marie wasn't wearing a bra!!! That's just not right. I'm on her side on this one..... :)